Australian Student Visa
International students need to fill out and submit an Australian Visa application and be approved before coming to the country if the length of their course is longer than 12 weeks. Short stay visas are for students studying in Australia for less than 12 weeks.
A Student Visa in Australia is a temporary visa issued to non-Australian residents and is granted to students who are enrolled in a CRICOS registered, full-time course in Australia. International students can be issued with a multiple entry visa for the duration of their study in Australia. You can travel to and from Australia within the visa period.
If you need further information on how to apply for a visa to study in Adelaide and the documentation required by the authorities, contact the Australian Government Embassy and Consulate office near where you live. The Australian Embassy and Consulate will be able to assist you with details of registered Australian education agents who can help you lodge your visa application.
As a general guide, travellers are encouraged to apply for their Australian visa well in advance of their planned departure date. Visit the Australian Department of Home Affairs website for further information: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/
- Maintain enrolment in a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) registered course and maintain satisfactory course progress and attendance.
- Continue to satisfy the requirements of your Student Visa by ensuring the main course of study matches your Student Visa, and that you still have sufficient financial capacity to support your stay in Australia.
- Notify Ironwood Institute within seven days of any change to your contact details, including home address, mobile number, and email address.
- Must not work more than 40 hours per fortnight during course semesters.
- Maintain health insurance coverage for the entirety of your stay in Australia.
- Maintain adequate schooling arrangements for any school-age dependents who joined you in Australia on a student-dependent visa for more than three months.
You can only make an application for an Australian student visa after you have received a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from Ironwood Institute. To get a CoE, you must have been given a formal Letter of Offer by Ironwood Institute, have accepted it in writing, and paid the required deposit toward your tuition fees.
Yes, your working holiday visa status has no impact on a student visa application – the two types of visa are completely separate.
Your student visa will last for the duration of your study programme (including holiday periods) and will allow you some time to remain in Australia at the end of your course. This time can range from one to three months, depending on the length of your course and the month in which it ends.
In some circumstances, it may be possible to apply for a further visa at the end of your course. Please visit the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship at www.homeaffairs.gov.au to find out what your options are.
To apply for a visa you will need a valid passport, an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE), and any other documentation required by the Australian Diplomatic Post with which you lodge your application.
You can apply for an Australian visa online at www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Appl/Student
The visa application process can be complicated and for students from some countries, it may be better to apply with the assistance of an accredited education agent due to their familiarity and experience in the field. If you would like to find an accredited education agent near you to help with your study arrangements please visit Ironwood Agents
Please check the Australian Department of Home Affairs website (www.homeaffairs.gov.au) for the most up-to-date information before applying for your visa.