Student Support Services
Overseas students require certain support services as they are living and studying in an unfamiliar environment. Ironwood provides access to certain services to ensure the mental and physical wellbeing of their overseas students.
Ironwood provides a key requirement of our support services to all international students with an Orientation program that is run every month. This orientation program covers topics such as:
- support services available to assist overseas students to help them adjust to study and life in Australia;
- English language and study assistance programs;
- any relevant legal services;
- emergency and health services;
- the registered provider’s facilities and resources;
- complaints and appeals processes;
- requirements for course attendance and progress, as appropriate;
- the support services available to assist overseas students with general or personal circumstances that are adversely affecting their education in Australia; and
- services overseas students can access information on their employment rights and conditions, and how to resolve workplace issues, such as through the Fair Work Ombudsman.
Ironwood provides free of charge, access to a range of services that are either given in-house or access to affordable external providers. These services may be:
- English and academic support services;
- tutoring support;
- study skills centers;
- counselling and mental health support;
- career services;
- housing and tenancy services;
- financial support services; and
- health and disability services.
If you require more information or have a specific inquiry, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For detailed information please refer to the Policies and Procedures page.