Ironwood Entry Requirements
Ironwood has a minimum level of requirements for age, academic and English language that the students need to meet to enrol in a course(s) at Ironwood Institute. Please refer to the course brochure for course entry requirements and refer to below for Ironwood’s specific entry requirements.
We do not enrol students under 18 years of age in any of our courses. Students must be 18 years and above at the time of course commencement
Academic and English Requirements
|Course Level||Academic||English Language|
|Certificate III, Certificate IV, Diploma & Advanced Diploma||Year 12 equivalent to Australian standards or above and/or Certificate level qualification from Australia||IELTS: 5.5 overall with a minimum of 5.0 in each module or PTE, TOEFL, OET, or CAE equivalent and/or internal assessment organised by Ironwood Institute|
|Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma||IELTS: 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each module or PTE, TOEFL, OET, or CAE equivalent and/or internal assessment organised by Ironwood Institute|
English Language requirements:
The following English language tests results are acceptable at Ironwood Institute:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT). Please note TOEFL PBT (paper-based test) is not accepted.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test (also known as Certificate in Advanced English)
Alternative test scores benchmarked as against the IELTS band scale as below
Test Score Band
Please refer to https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-500#Eligibility for more details on the English language requirements for a Subclass 500 Student Visa application.
- Students with low English language proficiency scores will be required to undertake an appropriate ESL/ELICOS course to meet the entry requirements at Ironwood Institute.
- An internal test and/or interview is generally done face to face at the Institute premises if the student is in Australia. In other cases, it is done via skype and/or at one of our authorised agent’s offices.
- All qualification certificates must be attested by a local Notary public or Justice of Peace or an authorised office/agent of Ironwood Institute.