Close this search box.


Once you submit the course application form the Institute will contact you to assess your eligibility for subsidised training.

You can check your eligibility for subsidised training at https://providers.skills.sa.gov.au/Deliver/Student-eligibility-for-subsidised-training

You can apply for credit transfer or recognition of prior learning (RPL) at application time by ticking the box in the application form for enrolment that you would like to apply. Ironwood Admissions will send you a Credit Transfer form or RPL form at the time of enrolment. You will need to show original transcripts to obtain course credit. The Director of Academics will finalise your application for course credit or RPL at the time of enrolment. The duration of your course and timetable will be adjusted based on the course credit or RPL granted and your COE created accordingly.

Normally, Ironwood reduces the fee for the units transferred through course credit or RPL. However, an admission fee may be charged for it.

Students can view their results through our student portal, meet directly with your trainer or, student services at studentsupport@ironwood.edu.au

Students can lodge an academic appeal free of cost through the Institute’s complaints and appeals process located at Policies and Procedures

Students are given 2 attempts at any piece of assessment unless the student is sick on the day of the assessment and submit a medical certificate dated on the day of absenteeism as evidence.

You are eligible to receive your transcripts, certificates of attainment, and course completion letter if you have successfully completed your course and paid all the fees.

Yes, you can defer or suspend your studies by submitting a deferment or suspension application form. Head of Student Administration and Quality will review your application in line with our deferral, suspension, and cancellation policy and procedure located at Policies and Procedures

You will be required to provide evidence for compelling or compassionate circumstances warranting deferment or suspension of your studies.

Reasons for granting deferment or suspension while studying. Students can apply for temporarily deferring or suspending their studies when:

There are genuinely compelling or compassionate circumstances. Compelling or compassionate circumstances include, but are not limited to:

  • Serious injury or illness where the medical certificate states the student was unable to attend classes.
  • Bereavement or serious illness of a close family member( where possible, a death certificate need to be provided; political upheaval or natural disaster in the home country requiring emergency travel and this has impacted on the student studies; and
  • A traumatic experience such as being involved in a serious crime or accident. All such cases need to be supported by police or psychologist reports.

Please note even if medical and other supporting documents are provided the student cannot be guaranteed a suspension or deferment of studies. The air ticket may be purchased after your request for deferment or suspension has been granted.

Please update your contact details with Ironwood within 7 days of the change. You can do this by filling up a change of address form at reception or on the online student portal.

You must seek medical advice by seeing a Doctor and obtain a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state your medical condition and the period during which you are unfit to attend the classes. It is advisable to inform Ironwood as soon as possible.

You must contact student support services at studentsupport@ironwood.edu.au and speak to one of the finance officers available to discuss your options.

All students have a right to say anything that affects their studies.  We recommend that students speak firstly with the person/s with which they have a complaint or want to appeal with. Otherwise, students can choose to either speak to student support services, or send an email to studentsupport@ironwood.edu.au, fill out a complaint or appeal form which is available on our website or at the campus, or simply pop some feedback into the feedback box located by the student notice board.  For the policy and procedure on our complaints and appeals please go to Policies and Procedures

You can access more information at the following link: Useful Forms and Links

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.