General English: Elementary to Upper Intermediate
The General English (GE) course at Ironwood Institute has been developed for international students and other temporary visa holders needing to improve their English for personal or professional development.
The English course can be studied by itself (stand-alone) or as part of a package with another Ironwood course. The English course can be tailored to your individual needs, depending on your commencement level of English, your personal goals, and your preferred study pathway.
CRICOS Course Code: 112488F
- Developing listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Improving vocabulary and grammar.
- Developing communication skills.
- Defining Australian culture and accent.
The course duration varies from 5 to 48 weeks depending on the student’s level of proficiency and desired outcome with levels from Elementary to Upper Intermediate. General English is a pathway to English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
You can start your course following an interview and a pre-course assessment to ensure you are enrolled at the right level.
- The course is delivered over 48 weeks (2 semesters) with 12 weeks across the four levels: Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate and Upper Intermediate including term breaks but excluding public holidays).
- There are 2-week holiday breaks for every 10 weeks of the course.
- Contact hours are 20 hours per week which is considered a full-time study load.
- Morning classes run from 8:45 am to 2:30 pm (4 days) or evening classes from 4:45-9:00 pm (5 days).
Location of Delivery
Ironwood Institute is located at Level 3, 112-118 Rundle Mall, Adelaide 5000.
The campus is in the heart of Adelaide City Centre, which offers an excellent blend of history, culture, modern lifestyle, and congenial learning environment.
The site is well connected by public transport (bus, tram, and train).
- Students must be 18 years of age or older.
- Students need to commence at Elementary level. Beginners are not accepted.
- Students will be interviewed prior to being offered a place so they can be placed appropriate to their level of proficiency and/or undertake a Placement Test before commencement.
- Students who have taken an internationally recognised English proficiency test such as IELTS or PTE can enter at the appropriate level for their proficiency.
Mode of Delivery
Face to Face.
Assessment will be continuous throughout the course. Feedback and timely intervention will be provided to ensure you meet your expected progress.
Ironwood Institute will charge the learner for the enrolment application, tuition, material fees, and training product as per the nominated fee schedules as outlined below;
|Fee Type||Administration (AUD)||Learning Resources (AUD)||Tuition S1(AUD)||Tuition S2(AUD)||Total (AUD)|