English for Academic Purposes
The English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course at Ironwood Institute has been developed for international students with an established upper intermediate level English language skill who intend to undertake further study at Ironwood or at university.
CRICOS Course Code: 112489E
- Further develop your speaking, listening, and reading skills.
- Writing skills for academic purposes.
- Academic study skills.
- Formal speaking skills.
- Group work.
- Time management.
- Effective communication skills.
- Orientation to tertiary study in Australia.
Our expert and experienced teachers will deliver the skills needed by students to succeed in the Australian academic environment.
- The course is delivered over 24 Weeks (1 Semester) with 12 weeks across the 2 levels: Foundation and Advanced (including term breaks but excluding public holidays).
- There are 2-week holiday breaks between the levels.
- Contact hours are 20 hours per week which is considered a full-time study load.
- Classes run from 8:45 am to 2:30 pm (4 days).
Location of Delivery
Ironwood Institute is located at Level 3, 112-118 Rundle Mall, Adelaide 5000.
The campus is in the heart of Adelaide City Centre, which offers an excellent blend of history, culture, modern lifestyle, and a congenial learning environment.
The site is well connected by public transport (bus, tram, and train).
- Students must be 18 years of age or older.
- Students need to have completed General English at the Upper Intermediate level, or
- Have undertaken an internationally recognised English proficiency test such as IELTS, PTE or TOEFL and achieved an overall band score equivalent to IELTS of 5.5.
Mode of Delivery
Face to Face.
Assessment will be continuous throughout the course. Feedback and timely intervention will be provided to ensure you meet your expected progress.
Ironwood Institute will charge the learner for the enrolment application, tuition, material fees, and training product as per the nominated fee schedules as outlined below;
|Fee Type||Administration (AUD)||Learning Resources (AUD)||Tuition(AUD)||Total (AUD)|